Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rush Hour 3

Rush Hour 3Still directed by Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand, Red Dragon, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2). Starring Jackie Chan, Chris Tucker, Hiroyuki Sanada.

An attempt to assassinate the Chinese ambassador lead Lee and Carter to Shy Shen, a mysterious thing/person that nobody knows about. With some clues, they ended up in Paris, looking for the thing and also protecting the ambassador's only daughter.

I'm not gonna bother with the synopsis, so, sorry if it sucks. Because I hate the storyline. Very.. messy. Like they don't really care about it. And the thing about having a very Chinese man and a very black man for leading roles is that you're gonna faced with some very über-clichéd jokes.. Well, you know what I mean. Some are funny, of course, and I admit that I laughed out loud seeing one or two of Chris Tucker's scenes, but some are lame. The story was bleh. On a side note, wassup with Hiroyuki Sanada? He's like invading Hollywood. But he's good, so no complains there from me. I just hope he's still going to do Japanese films. Don't let the dollars blind you, Sanada-san! ;p And the best part of the whole movie? Roman Polanski's cameo. LOL. That was kinda cool. So, yea.. the movie is okay for laughs.. But nothing more, really.

4 / 10.

No comments: