Saturday, February 16, 2008

Into the Wild

Into the WildDirected and written by the great Sean Penn, based on Jon Krakauer's book, starring the very wonderful Emile Hirsch, Marcia Gay Harden, William Hurt, Jena Malone, Catherine Keener, Vince Vaughn, Hal Holbrook and Kirsten Stewart (who I love).

Into the Wild tells the true story of Christopher McCandless, who abandoned his family, education, identity and all his possessions to embark on an unplanned journey into the wilderness of Alaska, in search of freedom and a meaning of life.

Absolutely beautiful. I loved it. I think Emile gave a wonderful performance, he showed Chris' naiveness, depth and his free, rebelious soul. This film is way too underrated and AMPAS is being ridiculous by giving this film only two nominations (Best Supporting Actor and Best Editing.. WTF?!) especially by overlooking the soundtrack. Hello? If you can only pick one feature to award to the film, then it should be for Eddie Vedder! His music is absolutely wonderful and suited the film beautifully! I personally am still listening to and loving the album.. No Ceiling is a current favourite. So yeah, I loved this film, I think everyone did a great job and the story with Hal Holbrook's character is just one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever seen. Sean and Emile really gave us something this time. I recommend everyone to see it.

9 / 10.

No comments: