Friday, November 23, 2007

Stardust

StardustDirected by Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake), based on the novel by the great Neil Gaiman, starring Claire Danes, Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Mark Strong (who sometimes looked like Stuart Townsend) and sort-of-newcomer Charlie Cox. Cameos by Peter O'Toole, Ricky Gervais, Rupert Everett, etc.

A naive young bloke trying to win the love of the girl of his dreams, a witch seeking for immortality, a prince eager to win the throne to his kingdom--all lead to one.. star.

I loved it. I mean, LOVED it. I am a huge fan of Neil Gaiman (eventho I haven't read this one) and he.. can do no wrong. I had waited for this movie to show in the cinemas here for the longest time. Three months after its release in the US, it finally came, and it didn't disappoint. How I loved this movie. Everything about it was so entertaining, funny and upbeat. I love Claire Danes and Charlie Cox? He became this absolute hottie after the first half of the movie. The story was oh so great, so original, so Neil. I'm just crazy about this movie.. and having Ricky Gervais do a cameo is brilliant. And DeNiro was just hilarious.

9 / 10.

Something to download..:
Take That - Rule the World (the song during the end credits)

No comments: