Monday, March 10, 2008

The Darjeeling Limited

The Darjeeling LimitedDirected by Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.. and somewhat a fashion icon), starring Adrien Brody (who I love love love), Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman. With cameos by Bill Murray and Natalie Portman.

Three brothers who had lost their father had not met or talked to each other for a year reunited when the oldest brother, Francis, got them together to embark on a spiritual journey across India.

Before the main feature, there's a short film (also there on the DVD) titled Hotel Chevalier, starring only Jason Schwartzman and Natalie Portman and the short film acted as a prologue to the film.
Well, this is actually the first Wes Anderson film that I properly watched. I watched The Royal Tenenbaums eons ago and at that time, I didn't really enjoy arthouse films as I immensely do now. And I do love this film! It's so colorful, so witty and charming. I love both the short film and the feature film. Enjoyed all the performances and lines.. Totally loved Adrien Brody. Adrien Brody needs to star in more good films. The randomness and craziness of the film just added more charm to it.

8.5 / 10.

No comments: