Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Spirit

Directed by Frank Miller (Sin City), based on the graphic novel by Will Eisner. Starring Gabriel Macht, Eva Mendes, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Sara Paulson.

The Spirit of Central City devoted his life for it. And when his nemesis, the only one that can match him, Octopus had plans to take over the city (and the world, maybe) he tracked him down, planned to destroy him. His mission somehow reunited him with his childhood love and also gave him the answer to what he really was.

I didn't see Sin City, but yeah they have the same look. Awesome look. Totally their unique selling point. However, cool visuals aside, the movie was kinda meh. Well, maybe for people who like the graphic novels this would be awesome, but for me, it was.. okay? No, it was bad. It just wasn't my thing, I guess. It was kinda cool to see Gabriel Macht as the leading man, but does he have what it takes to be one? Hmm.. Anyway, I didn't dig the exaggerated stories and costumes and make-up. Nah. Not my cup of tea. I prefer Bruce Wayne.

5 / 10.

No comments: