Saturday, February 16, 2008

Atonement

AtonementDirected bt Joe Wright (Pride and Prejudice, of course), starring my current fave Brits, Keira Knightley and the very charming James McAvoy.

Cecilia and her housekeeper's son, Robbie, were in love. But her younger sister Briony, who had a crush on Robbie, interfered and her childish jealousy and accusations lead Cecilia and Robbie's love to a devastating journey.

Devastating. Yeah. Keira and James got what they wanted. I felt absolutely devastated after I finished watching it but it is a very beautiful film. Keira and Joe Wright made a great team, huh? I love the performances by both leading actors and it's just one of those beautiful period movies, you know. Yet totally different.. darker and deeper, I guess. The famous sex scene is famous for a reason.. it differentiates good filmmaking and great filmmaking. Exquisite film. Serious film lovers should definitely see it.

9 / 10.

No comments: