Saturday, February 16, 2008

P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love YouDirected by Richard LaGravenese (Freedom Writers, Paris Je T'aime - Pigalle, wrote The Bridges of Madison County), starring Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Yes! Denny Duquette!), Lisa Kudrow and Harry Connick Jr.

Holly and Gerry married at a very young age, and after ten years together, with the ups and downs of life, yet bonded with their strong love for each other, Gerry died. Holly was left broken and later discovered that his late husband already prepared, in his own way, messages for the beloved wife to be strong and gain her life back.

I am a girl. I love romantic movies. If a girl can't have romance in her life, she'll get it from the movies. And this is one hell of a romantic movie. I loved it. Sad, beautiful, romantic movie. I cried in the cinema, couldn't help it. Gerard is the man, I love that guy. And I know Hilary doesn't pick good movies consistently but I've loved her since Boys Don't Cry and will forever love her. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was charming as always. And the best thing about this movie is that it isn't 100% sad. It doesn't have tears for two hours. It's funny! It has some really funny moments and it balanced the movie well. I loved this movie!

8.5 / 10.

No comments: