Monday, October 8, 2007

No Reservations

Directed by Scott Hicks, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin.

Kate is the executive chef of the very posh 22 Bleecker restaurant in Manhattan who only cares about her career and not really having a social and/or love life. That all changed when her niece came along and lived with her and a rival chef Nick threatened her position at the restaurant.

Saw it because 1) I think Catherine Zeta-Jones is one of the most beautiful females ever to grace the screen, and 2) I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. So, I liked this movie. Not exactly a romantic comedy because it had a lot of sad (and touching) scenes. But anyway, it is still romantic, Aaron was so charming, Catherine was OH so beautiful (eventho she did look older, but still, beautiful), Abigail did good and since I'm interested in all things culinary-related, this movie entertained me.

7.5 / 10.

No comments: