Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bobby

Directed by Emilio Estevez (The Mighty Ducks, anyone?), starring (get ready for this) Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Fishburne, William H. Macy, Sharon Stone, Elijah Wood, Heather Graham, Lindsay Lohan, Nick Cannon, Shia LeBeouf, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Joshua Jackson, Helen Hunt, Martin Sheen, Christian Slater and Emilio Estevez himself.

Told the stories of people around the place/time that would lead to what would be the death of Senator Robert F. Kennedy in the early morning hours of June 5, 1968.

I seriously loved this film and just don't get why it's so not famous. An all-star cast doing multiple storylines might not sound new, but trust me, you have to see this one. Of course this film didn't exactly tell the story of the assassination, what's behind it and whatnot. I didn't even expect that. This is less technical, a lot more beautiful. This film just felt so touching, so meaningful in many different aspects. Everyone gave wonderful performances and the surprise for me was Sharon Stone. To me, her image had never been that good, but this time I enjoyed her performance tremendously. She really broke my heart. To conclude, forget the bad reviews that you might hear (a classmate of mine totally hated it.. so I just decided that she has no taste ;p) and go see it for yourself. I, personally, would absolutely buy the DVD and watch it over and over again.

9 / 10.


"My brother need not be idealized or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life, to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it."

-Ted Kennedy

No comments: