Friday, May 25, 2007

28 Weeks Later

28 Weeks LaterA sequel to 2002's 28 Days Later.. and directed by Spanish Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, starring Jeremy Renner, Rose Byrne and Harold Perrineau. Danny Boyle didn't direct it and Alex Garland didn't write it but they stayed as producers.

After the whole London is destroyed because of the rage virus, the US helped, sending armies to clear the city from all that are infected, trying to restore the city to its natural state and the refugees were coming home, rehabitating the city. The story focused on one family, where the father ran away from the infected, leaving his wife behind. Their children, who were not in London at that time were safe and were returning home to meet their father again. Apparently, the city was not as safe as everyone thought and wiping the virus for good might be too hard to be done.

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this because no Danny Boyle, no Alex Garland, no Cillian Murphy and who the hell is this Juan Carlos? Besides, I'm not exactly a real zombie/horror junkie. But yeah, eventually I went to see it with my best friend and thank God we did. It was so GOOD. I didn't expect it at all. I thought it was gonna be trash compared to the prequel but actually, it's quite as good. A hundred minutes went away so quickly because you are just absorbed into the whole thing. It was scary, exciting, thrilling, with a great score that really got you into the mood. And I gotta say, they have the best kind of zombies. Psycho, killing-with-pressing-the-eyeballs, in-a-trance kind of zombies. The coolest ever. Aaaand Rose Byrne is so damn pretty. Seriously pretty. I'm loving this girl.

8.5 / 10

No comments: