Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's EndThe last of the franchise, still starring all the main cast with a few additions such as Chow Yun Fat and Keith Richards (cameo).

Davy Jones' heart was in the hands of Lord Beckett, and they made an agreement to wipe all the other pirates. Jack, along with Barbossa, summoned the Brethren Court--all other pirates from around the globe, and decided to fight against Davy Jones.

The movie is 168 minute-long, but not really boring because it's full of action, far more than the first and second ones. Johnny Depp was perfect, as usual. Jack Sparrow is SO alive and it was fun to see Keith Richards, who's actually Depp's inspirations for Jack's character. Stunning visual effects and solid performances from all the cast made the movie very enjoyable. The only negative thing was that I had a hard time following the story, and spent most of the time thinking instead of enjoying. The second one was far funnier, and this one darker. It certainly didn't feel Disney-like. I really don't know whether I love it or not (I know everyone else loved it) mainly because.. I don't get the story 100% and um, the ending.

SPOILERS
Okay, about the ending. Everyone's ending was fine except for Will and Elizabeth's. I just expected a very happy one, you know? But I guess you can't hope for a Disney happy ending all the time. Okay, my fault.

Umh.. 7.5 / 10. Certainly an exciting ride.

No comments: