Thursday, May 3, 2007

Dans Paris

Dans ParisDans Paris (Inside Paris). Starring Romain Duris, who is really good.. I'm beginning to like this guy. I saw this film during the local French Cinema Festival here in Jakarta and out of the nine films that I saw, only three 'got my heart'.. and this is one of them.

Paul (Romain Duris) moved to the countryside to live with Anna and her daughter, but later on they separated. Lost, suicidal and depressed, Paul went back to Paris to live with his father and his younger brother Jonathan, who was funny, very alive and full of spirit. In the beginning of the film Jonathan was begging Paul (who was locking himself up in Jonathan's room) to come out and go to some place (couldn't remember the name, sorry) with him. And during his trip (which he said was just going to take thrity minutes) a lot of funny incidents happened and Paul's flashback stories with Anna was shown.

IMDb stated the film is 93 minutes long but when I saw it, it was only an hour or so.. I don't know what's wrong. Aaaaanyway, I love this film. Very fresh, off-beat and entertaining. Jonathan's character was very loveable and I love the father the most. He obviously cared a lot about his children (he's divorced already) and had a close relationship with them, especially Jonathan who had always lived with him. It was funny to see their interactions with each other. The film felt vert short, but entertaining and touching in its own ways.. Especially the very heartwarming ending.

9 / 10.

No comments: